Ham and Egg Fried Rice
Ham and egg fried rice is one of many variations of fried rice or sinangag. The difference is additional ingredients such as ham, eggs and peas. It seems complicated to cook but, in reality, it is quick and easy. It’s much tastier than the traditional, old garlic fried rice that we usually eat at home. If you have left overs from dinner, then you ready to go.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup smoked ham chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen peas or green peas
- 1 fresh egg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2-3
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
(5 / 5)
- Dice ham into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place the cooked rice in and season with garlic powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated wok. Add the diced ham and peas. Stir and fry over medium heat until ham is light brown.
- Put in the rice. Stir and fry for a few minutes. Push to one side of the pan.
- Add a little bit of cooking oil. Crack an egg in the side of the pan.
- Cut egg into small pieces using a spatula. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Season with soy sauce and pepper. Stir for a few minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe