Homemade Meatloaf is an easy recipe. It is a dish commonly cooked by combining a few simple ingredients such as onion, salt, pepper, egg, and ketchup with ground beef. There are many ways of making this recipe. Actually, the beauty of this dish is it can be made using so many different ingredients. In this recipe, we have used only the basic ones. On the other hand, you could consider using additional fillings such as pineapple, different types of sausages, chives, hot peppers, peas, and carrots. The sky is the limit, and the combinations are endless. Make your meatloaf with no other purpose than to be a slave to your taste buds. Pay no attention to those who whisper about traditional meatloaf blasphemy!
- 1 kg ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Glaze:
- 3 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- Servings: 4
- Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with the ground beef.
- For the glaze, in a separate bowl, add the ketchup and brown sugar. Mix well and set it aside.
- Place the meatloaf in a pan, shape, and spread 1/2 of the sauce over the top. Place it in a preheated oven and bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees. This is about the perfect time as it will be juicy and moist. If you like your meatloaf of the well done side, you can leave it in for an hour.
- About every 15 minutes give the meat loaf a generous application of the glaze.
- Remove it from the oven, and allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice the meat loaf into served pieces and enjoy.
Share This Recipe