Homemade Strawberry Frappuccino
Homemade frappuccino is one of my favourites. It is made with a delicious combination of homemade strawberry puree, a super yummy ice mixture, topped with whipped cream and raspberries. The outcome is simply incredible. Your friends and family will love it.
I usually order it at Starbucks but decided to make it at home, and it turned out great. The great thing is, I can add what I like, and I know what goes into it.
You can do some alterations to the dish. For example, if you want it sweeter, add a bit more sugar. You can also add a few more strawberries. If you want it richer and creamier, use heavy cream instead of milk. The raspberries are totally optional but they add a really nice touch.
Give our strawberry frappuccino a try and let us know what you think.Video:
- 15 fresh strawberries
- 4 tbsp of white granulated sugar
- 20 ice cubes
- ½ cup of milk
- whipped cream
- 8 fresh raspberries (optional)
- Add the strawberries and sugar to a saucepan and mix until the berries are well coated with the sugar.
- Turn the heat to medium, allow the strawberries to release their juices, melt down, and bring them to a boil. This will take 5 minutes or so.
- Turn off the heat and mash them until they become a puree.
- Set it aside and let it cool down.
- Add the ice cubes, milk, and 2 tbsp of the puree to a blender. Pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Add 3 or 4 tbsp of puree to the bottom of a cup followed by the ice mixture. It should fill just about to the top of the cup.
- Place a bit more puree on the top.
- Spread some whipped cream over the puree and then another drizzle of puree.
- Place the raspberries on and serve.
- Enjoy your homemade strawberry frappuccino!
Share This Recipe