Irresistible Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Our chocolate cake with chocolate ganache is a delightful combination of double cakes with ganache on the top. You could combine this with some ice cream and a cup of coffee or tea. It is moist, irresistible and very easy to make. Believe me, your family and friends will love it.
I used hot boiling water for the batter but hot water will suffice. This helps to bloom cocoa powder that’s why every chocolate cake calls for boiling water. You can substitute hot coffee as well if you are a coffee lover.
After baking the cake, you have to trim the top part so its flat and even. Make sure its completely cool before adding the ganache otherwise it will ruin the cake. To make the ganache thicker, use less cream. make sure the cream is hot enough to melt the chocolate chips. Add more chocolate chips and stir continuously until thickens.Video:
- For the dry ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/z tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- For wet ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- For the chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and boiling water. Beat until smooth batter forms.
- Line a 2 8inch greased cake pan with parchment paper. Pour batter in each pan.
- Bake at 350 f (177 c) for 40 minute or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool completely.
- Trim the top of cake until flat. Set aside.
- To make the chocolate ganache,microwave the heavy cream for about 2-3 minutes or until hot. Pour in the chocolate chips. Mix until creamy and thick and slightly cool.
- Pour the ganache over the top of one cake. lay another cake and spread remaining ganache. Slice and serve.
Share This Recipe