Italian Bolognese Sause
Italian bolognese sauce is simple and delicious. Made with a combination of spices and veggies it is out of this world. This recipe came from one of our friends out youtube. We made it and it came out great. Give it a try and let us know what you think.Video:
- 1lb lean beef mince
- 1 bottle Italian pasta sauce
- 2 cans Italian tomato purée and brand
- 1-2 bulbs of garlic
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 small carrot
- ¾ cup good drinking red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cube beef boulioun
- Few dried bay leaves
- Italian spice seasoning ( and others if you wish) app 1-2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp brown sugar to cut the acid out
- Olive oil for frying
- Chop up garlic, onion into small pieces, and grate carrot on small hole grater until fine it to desired thickness.
- Place approx 1 tbsp olive oil into a heavy bottom pot ( I use cast iron with a lid) and add onion and carrot, cook until tender. Add in the ground beef and brown until almost cooked through.
- Add in the garlic and the tomato paste and stir for a few seconds or until the garlic releases its aroma.
- Crumble in the beef bouillon and add the red wine. Cook and reduce by half or until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add in the pasta, and tomato puré cans, the bay leaves and Italian seasoning ( can add other spices here if you wish) also add the sugar and taste .. Adjust accordingly.
- Cover with the lid partially off to allow steam to escape and cook on LOW for approximately 4 hours stirring occasionally and adjust as its cooking.
- The sauce will be nice and thick.
- Serve over desired pasta
Share This Recipe