KFC Style Gravy
KFC style gravy is creamy, smooth, and delicious. Although I’m not a fan of most of the food on their menu, I really enjoy the taste and texture of KFC gravy. I often make this up for mashed potatoes or fries. Believe me, it’s an instant hit with everyone.
There are a few tips to this delightful gravy. First, the sage is optional, but it does add a nice touch to the gravy. A quarter teaspoon of each spice seems to be perfect, but a little more of each can be added if a stronger punch is desired. Be sure to let the roux brown a little as this will make the color of the gravy darker. The chicken and beef bouillon can be mixed together in 2 cups of water or mix them independently in one cup respectively. Also only chicken or beef bouillon water can be used. The combination of the two really adds a nice touch, however.Video:
- 4 tbsp butter or shortening
- 4 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube or package
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or package
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Boil the water and put the chicken and beef bouillon cubes in. Stir until they are dissolved and mixed. .
- Add the flour, garlic powder, and black pepper to a bowl and mix it well.
- Add the butter to a pan over medium heat and it melt down while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir until it thickens and browns a little. This should take 2 or 3 minutes.
- Pour in half the bouillon water. Whisk for a minute or two until it thickens. Add in the remaining water and stir for 4 or 5 minutes until it's lump free and thickens up.
- Serve and enjoy your KFC style gravy.
Share This Recipe