Kinamatisang Isda (Pinangat)
Kinamatisang Isda or Pinangat is a common and easy lutong bahay. This dish is perfect for moms who are rushing to prepare lunch their families. Many varieties of fish and vegetables can be used for this recipe depending on what is available. Some types of fish are galungong, sapsap, and dilis. You can also add additional vegetables such as okra or malungay leaves to make it healthier. This dish always reminds me of my childhood days. I remember eating kinamatisang isda with my grandparents at the farm. We would eat with our bare hands and have delicious side dishes such as patis with chilis.
- 1/2 kilo fish (galungong, sapsap, etc.) cleaned
- 3 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small eggplant cut in bite size (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4 / 5)
- Pour in water in a pot; place in tomatoes and onion. Bring to a boil.
- After a boil, put in fish and egg plant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for at least 15-20 minutes or until fish cooked.
- When fish is cooked, Turn off heat.
- Serve with rice with fish sauce and chili pepper dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe