Lasagna rolls are a great alternative to traditional lasagna. They are simple and far easier to serve and handle. I always serve them up at parties and they are an instant hit. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these. I use a simple spaghetti sauce, but you can use the sauce of your choice. We simply season the rolls with basil. You can be elaborate and add a white sauce if you wish. Use as much mozzarella as you like or use your favorite cheeses. Twenty to 30 minutes in the oven browns them nicely. If you don’t want to use a toothpick, just place them seam side down on the baking dish.Video:
- 8 - 10 lasagna noodles
- 1000 grams of spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- ½ kilo of lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- Brown the ground beef over medium high heat. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to a mixing bowl and put the ground beef in.
- Boil the noodles according to package instructions.
- Take a noodle and lay some sauce over it. Don't go all the way to the end.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the top followed by some basil.
- Roll it into a log shape. Repeat this process for the remaining noodles.
- Spread some sauce into the bottom of a baking dish and put the lasagna rolls in.
- Spread some more sauce over the top followed by some cheese and basil.
- Bake in a 350 F. preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and brown.
- Serve and enjoy you lasagna rolls.