Lechon Manok can be found on just about any street in the Philippines. It is classified as one of the Filipinos all time favorite dishes. It is always present at any special occasion, especially on Christmas and New Year’s Eve. It is commonly roasted or grilled but can also be baked in a conventional or toaster oven. This dish is especially delicious served with the traditional Lechon Sauce or gravy and some atchara on the side.
- 1 whole dressed chicken (800 – 1000 g)
- 2 large onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon extract or calamansi juice
- ground black pepper
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino, American
(4 / 5)
- Marinate chicken in a large deep bowl with soy sauce, garlic, onion, lemon extract, and pepper for at least 3 hours on each side. Over night is preferred.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and flip chicken on to the other side from every 1 hour.
- Fill inside of chicken with remaining onions from marinating sauce.
- Place chicken breast side up in a baking tray. Baste with marinating sauce. Sprinkle pepper on all sides of chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Flip the chicken half way trough and baste it.
- Serve with Lechon sauce. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe