Lemon, Lime, and Cucumber Infused Water
Lemon, lime, and cucumber infused water is simple, refreshing and healthy. When fruit, vegetables, herbs, and berries are added to water it’s called infused water or detox water. It is recommended that you drink about 8 glasses of water per day. Sometimes this can be rather bland, boring, and difficult. Infused fruits and vegetables are one way of spicing it up. There are several health benefits, as well. For example, the lemon and lime will fight infections, cleanse your kidneys, prevent bloating, reduce inflammation, and give your skin a good dose of vitamins. The cucumber will cleanse you kidneys and boost your skin, as well. Plus, it lowers your blood pressure. This really does work. I have had lower back problems for some time now due to inflammation. After trying this drink, the pain has reduced substantially.
Some people say to serve it a room temperature. I’m sure they have their reasons, but I have had excellent results with lemon, lime, and cucumber infused water super cold. It much more enjoyable, as well. Once the jug is empty, I often pour more water into and use the same lemon, lime, and cucumber 2 or 3 times. I wouldn’t keep it any longer than 24 hours, however.
- 1 lemon, cut into 5 slices
- 1 lime, cut into 5 slices
- 1 cucumber, cut into 8 pieces
- 20 ice cubes
- Level: Easy
- Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- Add the lemon, lime, cucumber, ice cubes, and water to a pitcher or large mason jar. Leave at room temperature for 2 hours or chill it in the fridge. For maximum flavor, leave it over night.
- Pour it into a glass on a hot summer day and enjoy your lemon, lime, and cucumber infused water.
Share This Recipe