Lemon Pepper Chicken in 30 Minutes
Lemon pepper chicken is a wonderful combination of lemon, pepper, ginger, garlic, and other spices which make the chicken delicious. I often serve this up at dinner parties and my family and friends love it.
There are a few personal touches you can add to the dish, as well. To begin with, we use boneless, skinless breasts as they are so easy to work with and healthy. You can, alternatively, use any cut you like, but remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
As for the sauce, I use chicken stock, but you can use vegetable stock or even water for that matter. The rest of the spices are adjusted according to my liking, but you can alter them to suit your taste. In example, if you are a ginger or garlic lover, you can add a bit more. The same applies to the garlic.Video:
- For the Chicken:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size chunks
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of corn starch
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- To Make the Sauce:
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- zest of half a lemon
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 thumb size ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp of sriracha (optional)
- 1 - 2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- Add the chicken, egg, corn starch, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix with your hands or spoon until the chicken is completely coated.
- Put the chicken stock, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, sriracha, pepper, and corn starch in a mixing cup or small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan, put the chicken in, and fry, over medium high heat, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour the sauce in, bring it to a boil, and stir until it thickens.
- Serve with hot rice and enjoy your lemon pepper chicken.