Meat and Cheese Macaroni
Meat and cheese macaroni is easy to prepare. The sauce is made from scratch and is different from traditional spaghetti sauce. The taste and texture, however, are remarkable. I enjoy this dish as an alternative to traditional pasta dishes. In making this dish, it is best to use a lean ground beef and a good brand of wieners. It is not essential to use wieners; although they add a nice touch. You can also use green bell peppers in place of the red. I find red peppers make the dish more decorative and they are sweeter, as well. Spaghetti can be used instead of macaroni noodles, but the macaroni creates a nicer outcome and texture. If you don’t have beef stock on hand, you can use water. I enjoy some nice garlic bread and a garden salad with my meat and cheese macaroni.
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 500 grams of macaroni noodles
- 4 wieners, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of beef stock or water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 thick slices quick melt cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- cooking oil
- Servings: 5
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the onion, garlic, and red bell pepper into the pan. Saute them over medium heat until they are fragrant.
- Place the ground beef and wieners in. Fry them until the beef browns – 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, and sugar. Season it with salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined. Add in the beef stock and stir once more. Place a lid over the top, reduce the heat to low, and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the sauce is finished simmering, boil the macaroni noodles according to package instructions.
- When the sauce has finished simmering, add in the milk and cheddar cheese. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add in the macaroni noodles. Stir and toss until the noodles are completely covered.
- Place the meat and cheese macaroni on a plate, top with your favorite cheese, serve and enjoy.
Share This Recipe