Meaty Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls
Meaty stuffed mashed potato balls are so good. They can be made up with ease. They will take you about 45 minutes, however. But the investment in time is well worth the outcome. I always serve them up with a nice garden salad and a glass of wine. They make a great meal any time of the year. It certainly is a recipe that the entire family will enjoy. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
Any type of potato can be used to make the recipe. I prefer white potatoes, however. The same applies to the ground beef – any cut can be used. Again, my preference is lean. In this recipe, we add corn, but mixed veggies will suffice as well.
In terms of the mash, to keep it simple, we added salt and pepper. Some garlic powder and a bit of milk would certainly not go amiss though.Watch the Meaty Stuffed Potato Video:
- 3 medium size potatoes, peeled
- ½ kilo of lean ground beef
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 1 chopped tomato
- ½ cup of peaches and cream corn
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of vegetable oil for frying
- Parsley for garnish
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender. This should take about 20 minutes or so.
- In the meantime, add the ground beef to a pan and fry until browned and cooked through.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomato, corn, salt, pepper, and oregano to the beef. Fry until the garlic is fragrant and the veggies are fork tender.
- When the potatoes are fork tender, add in some salt and pepper and mash.
- Scoop up 2 large ice cream scoops of the mashed and place it in the palm of your hand. This is about 2 large table spoons. Form it into a ball.
- Lay the ball on a piece of cling wrap and place another piece over the top.
- Remove the top layer of cling wrap and press down on the potato and flatten it out.
- Scoop up about 2 large tbsp of the mixture and place it in the center of the potato.
- Grab each end of the remaining cling wrap and form it into a ball.
- Set the balls aside on a plate.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Roll the balls in the egg mixture until well coated.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F or 180 C.
- Place the potato balls in and fry them, while rotating, until they are golden brown.
- Place, garnish with parsley, serve, and enjoy your meaty stuffed potato balls.