Mini Apple Crumble
Mini apple crumble is an easy and simple apple based dessert. It is topped with a crumble mixture and baked in an oven. It originated in Britain and has became famous worldwide. The original recipe calls for plenty of apples using a large casserole dish. We have simplified the recipe. It is smaller and baked in two ramekins. This is great when you are rushing, alone, or simply don’t want to make large amount of it. One apple is enough for each person. It’s also ideal when you are dieting and health conscious. Baking or aluminum cups can also be used, basically anything that can handle oven temperatures.
In making this dessert, you need to be fast, as the apple skins will get dark when left unpeeled. To avoid this, simply prepare all ingredients ahead of time. Otherwise, everything is straightforward and easy to follow. If apples are cheap and in season, it’s a great dish to try. We know you will love it.
- 2 apples (green or red)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Servings: 2
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: English
(4 / 5)
- Peel the apples and slice them into quarters. Remove the cores and slice them into thin wedges. Set them aside in a saucepan.
- Add in the water, sugar, and simmer them over medium low heat for at least 5 minutes or until they have soften a little bit. Turn off the heat. Set the apples aside in ramekin cups or baking cups. Pour the remaining juices over the top of them.
- Meanwhile combine the crumble ingredients in a mixing bowl – except for the butter. Mix until it’s well combined.
- Add in the cubed butter and mix, using your finger tips, until crumbly. Spoon the crumble over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees C (375 F) for 20 minutes.
- Remove them from and oven and serve. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe