Mini Pancakes – Pancake Muffins
Mini pancakes, sometimes referred to as pancake muffins or pancake poppers, are so simple and easy to make. I have to say, they are incredibly delicious, especially if they are served up with some really good Canadian maple syrup. I Often make them up on weekends and serve them with some crunchy bacon. They make a great lunchbox recipe for the kids too.
There are a few alterations you can make to the recipe, if you wish. For example, I like peanut butter chips on the top, but you can use chocolate chips or even fruit such as chopped strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries. Be creative as you wish. Keep in mind these a small, so whatever you add over the top should be small or chopped.
If you find that the batter is too think, add a bit more milk. You want it thin enough so it flows gently off the whisk.
Give our mini pancakes (pancake muffins) a try and let us know what you think.
- 1½ cups or 250 grams of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1¼ cups or 250 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- peanut butter or chocolate chips
- maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour in the milk, egg, butter, and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray and mini muffin tray with some baking spray.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, add the batter until each well is about ¾ full.
- Place about 5 chips over the top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for about 10 minutes.
- Serve up with some maple syrup.
- Enjoy your mini pancakes.
Share This Recipe