Mocha flan Mocha flavor Leche flan
Mocha flan Mocha flavor Leche flan is a delicious dessert that originated in Spain. It is commonly known as “Flan de Leche”. It is similar to traditional Filipino Leche Flan, but Mocha Flavor is used. Mocha is one the best flavors of mocha leche flan, and locals haven’t discovered how delicious this recipe really is. The steps are similar to original leche flan using the processes of combining, stirring and steaming. It is truly easy to make. If you have your favorite coffee on hand such as powdered coffee, espresso, cappuccino or latte, use it. The more coffee you will add, the stronger the flavor, will be. However, we prefer it, not too strong as it will be too overpowering. If you want something new and a unique flavor of leche flan, this recipe will surely suit your taste buds.
- 1 can 370 ml evaporated milk
- 1 can 300 ml condensed milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or lemon essence
- 1 tbsp powdered coffee
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Servings: 4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Mix sugar and water and bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelizes.
- Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum molds of any shape, ensuring just a thin amount of the mixture is covering the entire mold or container. Set aside.
- Mix the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla using a wire whisk or fork until well combined.
- Add about 1 tbsp of powdered coffee (depending on how strong you prefer it) and mix evenly.
- Pour the mixture on top of the caramel of the aluminum molds. Fill the molds to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick. Cover molds individually with aluminum foil.
- Steam over low heat for about 30 – 35 minutes. Baking is an option–place the the molds on a larger baking pan half filled with water before baking. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for at least 35 minutes to 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cover the mold with a platter and flip over quickly. Remove the mold.
- Let cool then refrigerate. Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe