Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Nuggets
Mozzarella stuffed chicken nuggets has to be one of my favourite recipes. They are a simple combination of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite size chunks, spiced to perfection, and stuffed with mozzarella cheese. Combine these with your favourite dipping sauce and it does not get any better.
There are a few changes that can be made to the recipe. First of all, we use a chop stick to make the hole in the centre of the chicken nugget, but a knife or other sharp object can be used too.
I use Panko bread crumbs, but you can use Italian or whatever brand you like. I like the Panko because they are a little bigger and stick the the chicken better.
To season the chicken, this recipes uses paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. A half a teaspoon of each is used. You can, however, add more or less if you like. Additional spices can be used too. For example, a bit of onion powder and some hot chilli flakes for some heat might be nice. The last to go in is a tablespoon of dried Parmesan cheese.
You can deep fry the nuggets, but I like them baked as they are much healthier. About 25 minutes at 400 degrees F or 190 C us about perfect. All ovens are a bit different, so keep an eye on them. Also, if you make your chicken nuggets smaller, reduce the cooking time accordingly.
Try the recipe and let us know what you think.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
- about 20 fine strips of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
- Poke a hole into the centre of the chicken using a chop stick or knife. Insert and mozzarella stick into and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the flour to one bowl, the eggs to a second bowl, and the bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Season the breadcrumbs with the paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Mix until well incorporated.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour first, eggs second, and breadcrumbs third. Set them aside on a baking sheet lined with some parchment paper.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy your mozzarella stuffed chicken nuggets.
Share This Recipe