Mummy pizzas are simple, tasty, and great for Halloween. You can serve them up anytime for that matter. The kids will love them. We make two different mummies: a regular mummy shape and a spider shape. You can be as creative as you like, however. We use some very basic ingredients, but you can doctor them up however you see fit.
For example, this recipe uses hot dog buns as the base for the pizza, but French or Italian bread could also be used. It just has to resemble a mummy shape. We make our pizza sauce from scratch, but store bough sauce can be used with a little more ease. Just keep in mind, the better the sauce, the better the outcome. The same applies to all of the ingredients. Mozzarella cheese slices are the best because they can be trimmed to the required shapes. I suppose you could use grated mozzarella, it would involve a little more tinkering. The great thing about Holiday recipes is, you can be as creative as you want. For example, extra ingredients such as red bell pepper, onions, or mushrooms could also be used. You just have to make sure you get the shape and colors that resemble a mummy.
Give our mummy pizza a try, and let us know what you think.Video:
- 2 hot dog buns cut in half
- 4 - 5 tbsp of pizza sauce
- 10 or 12 slices of black olives
- 6 - 7 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 4 pieces of pepperoni
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay the hot dog buns out on a baking tray.
- Spread the pizza sauce over each of the buns.
- On the first two buns, Lay 4 olive slices on one end to resemble the eyes. Cut two mozzarella slices into thin strips and lay them over the two buns in different direction to get a mummy effect.
- Cut the other two mozzarella slices in half and lay them over the two remaining buns. Put a piece of pepperoni at each end. Slice the remaining olive slices in half once again and lay them over the edge of the pepperoni to look like spider legs. Put two small pieces of olives on the top of the pepperoni to resemble eyes.
- Place the buns in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Enjoy your mummy pizzas
Share This Recipe