One Bowl Strawberry Cake
One bowl strawberry cake is rich, decadent, and super delicious. I make it up a few times a year and, believe me, my family and friends love it. It is also very easy to make. It is great in the fall when strawberries are in season.
As with any recipe, there are a few alterations you can make. To begin with, you do not have to be strawberries as any kind berry will compliment the batter. I have also used blueberries or blackberries in the cake and it turns out wonderful.
Be sure to use a good brand of sour cream and vegetable oil. I have used cheaper brands and they tend to throw the taste off. Cheaper items are not always the best
I have noted other recipes that bake the cake is baked on a higher temperature such as 375 F. This is not advisable as it will dry out the cake or even burn it. You want it to bake it at 350 F or 177 C for about an hour or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
If a thicker cake is desired, double the recipe and put a couple of extra layers of strawberries in. I have tried this and it comes out super delicious.Video:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 12 oz of strawberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat you oven to 350 F or 177 C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in bowl in a bowl until they turn a pale colour.
- Add in the sour cream and oil and beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix over low speed until a smooth batter forms.
- Grease and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Pour half the batter in and top with diced strawberries.
- Add the remaining half of the batter and cover with the remaining diced strawberries.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve.