One Pan Braised Chicken
One pan braised chicken is simple and easy, and most of the ingredients you will have in your pantry and fridge, and it can be done in 30 minutes. Once you make it, you will get hooked. Let us know what you think.
I use chicken thighs, but you can use any cut you like. Boneless, skinless breast would also be a good choice. You be the judge.
The spices can be adjusted. I enjoy lots of pepper, green onions, garlic, chilies, and ginger, but this can be altered according to your liking.
The same applies to the sauce. We use rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar, but the ingredients can be changed. I find this is just about perfect, however.
- 5 chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 chilies
- 1 thumb size chopped ginger
- 8 button mushrooms, chopped
- For the Sauce:
- ½ cup of rice wine or water
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Mix the sauce together.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan over medium hight heat. Season with pepper and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- After browned, add in the green onions, garlic, chilies, ginger, and mushrooms.
- Pour in the sauce and cook for 25 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy you one pan braised chicken.
Share This Recipe