One Pan Chicken with Broccoli
One pan chicken with broccoli is easy to make and delicious. The dish was founded in China but has several variations and has found its way into kitchens and restaurants all around the world. This is about one of the most uncomplicated method there is. Simply marinate the chicken in the mixture, cook it in a pan, add in the sauce, and you have an incredibly tasty Asian stir fry. This is another one of our recipes for a midweek meal.
There are a few variations to our one pan chicken with broccoli. First, you can use just about any cut of chicken, but boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best as they are relatively healthy and easy to work with. It is best to have the chicken breasts at room temperature as they will cook evenly. If they’re frozen, make sure they’re thawed completely.
You can add as much broccoli as you wish, just make sure it doesn’t crowd the pan and overpower the dish. Don’t cook the broccoli too long because you don’t want it too mushy. Tender crisp is perfect.
In terms of the sauce, you can add as much or as little of the spices as you like. If you think the ginger and garlic are too strong and raw, you can add them into the pan with the broccoli to get a cook on them first. Personally, I like the crispness of the two spices when it has been boiled for only a few minutes.Video:
- 1 head of broccoli cut into small florets
- 3 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ground black pepper
- 1 thumb size ginger chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp of water
- Place the chicken breasts into a bowl. Crack the egg in followed by the vegetable oil and corn starch. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix until everything is well combined. Set the chicken aside in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate.
- In the meantime, make the sauce by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth, ginger, and black pepper. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add some vegetable oil to a frying pan and cook the chicken, over medium high heat, for 4 or 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Put the broccoli in and stir and fry for a minute or two.
- Pour the sauce over the top and bring it to a boil.
- Put the diluted corn starch in and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Serve your one pan chicken with broccoli up over some streamed rice and enjoy.
Share This Recipe