One Pan Greek Baked Chicken with Potatoes
Greek baked chicken with potatoes is a delicious combination of chicken, potatoes, and olives. It is spiced with salt, pepper, and oregano. Combined with olive olive oil and lemon juice, the dish is simply delightful.
You can add juice of 1 lemon to make it more sour. Add additional spices such as thyme or rosemary. Or, add more oregano if you wish. Green olives will do but I prefer to use black olives in this recipe. You can omit them if you want but I find it adds more flavor to the dish. Don’t worry about burning olive oil in the oven, it will not burn in oven I promise.Video:
- 4 chicken thighs and 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in chunks
- 15 black or green olives (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken, potatoes and olives.
- Add in olive oil, oregano, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes or overnight. Mix until well combined. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place them in a roasting pan along with marinate juice. I cover my pan with aluminum foil so its easy to clean.
- Bake at 400 F for an hour or until chicken is fully cooked.
Share This Recipe