One Pan Oregano Chicken in 30 Minutes
Oregano chicken in red rice is a delicious combination of flavors. The paprika makes the dish so delightfully colorful. As it can be make in half an hour, it makes a great midweek meal. Believe me me, your family and friends will love it.
Of course, there are always variations to the recipe. For example, you can alter the amount of spices used. Use as much paprika and garlic, etc. as you like.
We use boneless chicken breasts, but you can use the cut of your choice.Video:
- 2 chicken breast cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp of oragano
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- handful of frozen peas
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Add some oil to a pan and fry the breasts, over medium high heat, until they are cook through. This should take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Set the chicken aside.
- Add in the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Put in the paprika and rice and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken back in, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Half way through put the peas in and continue to cook.
- Serve and enjoy your one pan oregano chicken.
Share This Recipe