One Pan Tomato Chicken and Rice in 30 Minutes
One pan chicken tomato with rice is out of this world. It’s another of our 30 minute recipes which will make you life so much easier. I make it up at once a month and my family and friends love it. I have to add it’s great for a midweek meal.
I use chicken thighs as I like the taste, but you can use boneless skinless breasts if you like. The fat adds a nice texture to the dish though.
In therms of the spices, I use salt, pepper, onion, garlic, bell peppers, but you can add the spices of your choice.
- 4 chicken boneless thighs or breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of long grained rice or the rice of your choice
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 can (800 ml) of crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 3 leaves of chopped basil
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Put the chicken in and season it with the salt and pepper.
- Allow them to cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper. Saute until fragrant. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Add in the rice, paprika, pepper, salt, and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour in the chicken stock and crushed tomatoes. Stir until well combined.
- Put the chicken back in, and let it simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Place a lid on the pan and let it cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the basil and lemon.
- Serve and enjoy your one pan tomato chicken.