One Pot Sausage Pasta
One pot sausage past is so simple, it’s borderline silly. I remember only months ago, boiling up the pasta, frying the sausage, making the sauce, draining the pasta, spreading cheese over the top, and serving it. The entire process seemed endless, In this recipe, however, you simply add the ingredients to one pot, allow it to boil for about 12 minutes, and you’re ready to serve. It’s just that easy. Give it a try and let us know what you think of our one pot sausage pasta.
There are too many variations to our one pot pasta to write about, but we’ll mention a few. To begin with, you don’t have to use honey, garlic sausage. You could use Italian or your favourite sausage for that matter. You don’t even have to use sausage, you could use chicken, ground beef, etc. If you’re not a meat lover, leave it out and go for a vegetarian version.
As always, you can use more or less of the suggested ingredients, depending on your liking. For example, if you’re a garlic lover, add more; if you’re not a garlic lover, add less or leave it our entirely. Although we use fresh basil, you can add your desired spices such as oregano, dill, basil, etc. The recipe calls for spaghetti as a choice of noodles, but you can add whatever you wish to your one pot sausage pasta. I love cheddar cheese, but feel free to add your favourite cheese or cheeses. It’s not entirely necessary to use beef broth as chicken or vegetable stock could be used too.Video:
- 350 grams of spaghetti noodles or the noodle of your choice
- 1½ cups of tomato sauce
- 4 cups of beef broth or the broth or your choice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ chopped onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 - 5 honey garlic sausages, sliced
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 - 2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped
- Add some oil to a pot. Place the sausage in and fry them, over medium high heat, for 3 or 4 minutes just until they turn brown.
- Add in the onion and garlic and saute them for a couple of minutes. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add in the tomato sauce, beef broth, and bring it to a boil.
- Place the spaghetti in and boil it, over medium high heat, for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Be sure to stir it every 2 or 3 minutes to ensure it doesn't stick to the pot.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and basil.
- Serve and enjoy your one pot sausage pasta.