Oven Baked Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Oven baked meatballs in creamy mushroom sauce are savory and delicious. This is actually one of my standby meatloaf recipes. I also use it for burgers at times. You can serve them as they are or with some pasta. Believe me, they are an instant hit. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these savory little devils. First, I usually use a lean ground beef to avoid any excess fat. The amount of the ingredients can be altered to some extent. For example, if you want more of a garlic punch, simply add a little more. The same applies for the rest of the ingredients. I use about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to make my meatballs. I find this makes a perfect size ball. If you want them bigger or smaller, adjust the amount accordingly. I used canned mushrooms in this recipe as my location didn’t allow me to use fresh ones. If you have fresh mushrooms, however, by all means use them. If you want a fairly thick sauce, use heavy cream. On the other hand, if you want it a little lighter, use a cream such as half and half.Video:
- For meatballs:
- ½ kilo (1 pound) of ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 5 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- For mushroom sauce:
- 1 can of mushrooms or 1 cup of fresh chopped mushrooms
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with some baking spray. Combine the ingredients for the meatballs and mix it well using your hands or a wooden spoon. Scoop up a couple of tablespoons of the mixture and shape it into a golf size ball.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake them for 25 minutes.
- Melt down the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and mushroom and saute them for about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour in and stir until it's dissolved. Pour in the beef stock, stir, and bring it to a boil. Add the heavy cream in and stir it again.
- Carefully transfer in the meatballs and salt and pepper to taste. Let it cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your oven baked meatballs in creamy mushroom sauce.
Share This Recipe