Patola with Misua Soup
Patola with Misua Soup is made with thin flour noodles and patola, which is a loofah gourd vegetable. When the vegetables and noodles are combined, they blend into a very tasty soup especially when served on cold and rainy days. This is an old recipe I got from my mom, and it is excellent served with fried fish. Personally, I really love this dish.
- 2 medium patola (loofah gourd) slice onto roll
- 1/4 cup small shelled or fresh shrimp (hibe)
- 1/2 pack (50 g) misua noodles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- fish sauce and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4 / 5)
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Place in shrimp. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
- Stir until combined and shrimp is pink.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, place in patola. Cover and simmer over medium heat until patola is tender.
- When tender, add misua noodles. Stir for 3-5 minutes until misua is soft. Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe