Pineapple Glazed Ham
Pineapple honey glazed ham is great for the Holidays or any time of year. I often serve the dish up with scalloped potatoes but mashed or rice words too. It is a great alternative to turkey, as I am not a turkey lover. If you are, it can be an additional dish too.
I use cloves in the ham, but this is totally optional. It just adds a really nice touch. You can also adjust the glaze according to your liking.Video:
- 2.8 kilo spiral ham
- For the Glaze:
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- ½ cup of honey
- ¼ cup or 4 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of corn starch diluted in 1 tbsp of water
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the ham on and stud with cloves. This is optional.
- Cover the ham with foil and reheat at 325 F or 160 C for an hour and a half.
- Place the butter into a sauce pan and allow it to melt down over medium heat.
- Pour the pineapple juice in, the honey, brown sugar and mix using a whisk.
- Bring to a boil and add in the corn starch. Stir until thick.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool a bit.
- Coat the ham with the glaze and glaze about every 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your pineapple glazed ham.
Share This Recipe