Pineapple Roasted Chicken
Pineapple roasted chicken is unlike any other chicken I have tasted. The pineapple gives off a sense of sweetness; alternatively, the soy sauce yields a sour, salty flavor. The combination of the two is simply out of this world. I often make this dish up for Sunday dinner and everybody loves it. Don’t forget a glass of white wine and a nice garden salad on the side. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tricks and tips to making this delicious pineapple roasted chicken. First, I usually use a bird about 1 to 1.5 kilos. I find anything bigger is just too tough. Free range is always nice too. Just keep in mind, that the better the quality the meat, the better the roasted chicken is going to be.
If you’re really in a rush, you can get away with letting it marinate for 3 hours or so, but if you have the time and patience, an overnight marinate is well worth while. That simple, but delicious, marinate really need time to permeate the meat.
In terms of the marinate, you can alter the ingredient amounts according to your taste. For example, if you like it a little more on the salty side and want more sodium, add a bit more soy sauce; if you want it a little sweeter and more on the pineapple side, add more juice.
The amount of ground black pepper can be adjusted according to your liking. You could also add a bit of hot sauce too if you like. The chicken bakes perfect in and hour and a half.
I usually employ the method of one hour covered and half an hour uncovered which makes a beautifully baked bird. You can also use a roaster if you like.Video:
- 1 chicken 1 to 1.5 kg
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 - 5 cloves of garlic, whole
- 2 green onions, broken in half
- 1 400 gram of pineapple slices, juice drained into marinate to make 2 cups
- Add the chicken to a container large enough to house it when a lid is placed on.
- Combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a measuring cup and mix will.
- Pour it over the chicken, put the lid on, and place it in the fridge overnight to marinate. Flip it over before you go to bed to ensure it marinates evenly.
- Remove the chicken from the marinate and place it onto the baking pan of your choice. You can line it with some foil for easy clean up.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, 180 C.
- Stuff the cavity with the onion, green onions, and garlic. Place some pineapple slices around the edges of the bird and one slice in the middle. Give it a generous dusting of ground black pepper.
- Place some tin foil over the chicken to ensure it doesn't get too browned and dried out and place it in the oven for one hour.
- After an hour, remove the chicken from the oven and take the foil off. Place it back in the oven for an additional 30 minutes to brown.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your pineapple roasted chicken.
Share This Recipe