Pininyahang Manok (Chicken Pineapple Stew)
Pininyahang manok (chicken pineapple stew) is chicken marinated in pineapple juice. It is commonly cooked with pineapple chunks, bell peppers, and milk. There are two options to make the soup creamy and tasty. One is using fresh milk, and the other is using coconut milk. Most locals use coconut milk. It’s thicker and adds flavor to the chicken. It is optional, however, and depends on your preferences and availability. This is a mouthwatering, must-try for many occasions.
- 1 whole chicken cut in serving pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 small carrot sliced into bite sizes
- 1 can (12 oz) pineapple chunks
- ( 1 cup ) Juices from pineapple chunks can
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small potato cut into bite sizes (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh milk or coconut milk
- fish sauce to taste
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- Servings: 4
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Marinate chicken in pineapple juice for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat pan and melt butter. Saute garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken, saute until the outer parts turn light brown.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes until soft.
- Pour in pineapple juice (from marinated chicken) and fresh milk. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer over medium – low heat until chicken is tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes and simmer until tender.
- Add pineapple chunks and bell peppers. Season with fish sauce. Simmer for a few more minutes until the vegetables cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe