Pizza burgers are a great way of combining two of your favourite dishes into one. They will be a sure hit with the kids, but all ages will certainly enjoy them. We often make them up for a treat on the weekends. They are also a wonderful idea for get togethers and birthdays.
The recipe can be adjusted in many ways, but here are some suggestions: To begin with, I use a couple of tablespoons of pizza sauce in the recipe. When making regular burgers, I use ketchup. Because these are pizza burgers, pizza sauce seems to be a great alternative. We have a great recipe for homemade pizza sauce, but you can buy it in the store if you like.
Next, we use Italian seasoning which adds some nice flavouring and can be picked up in most supermarkets. Something called pizza seasoning is also available and would make an appropriate substitute. If you can’t find either once, simply leave it out or add a few spices of your choice.
The recipe makes about four decent size pizza burgers, but if you want to make them slightly smaller, they make great sliders, as well. Just adjust the bun size and cooking time respectively.
These burgers fry up extremely nicely in the frying pan, but they can be done other ways such as on the grill or in the oven. I often put the mozzarella and pepperoni on last and put a lid over them for a couple of to cook the pepperoni and allow the cheese to melt down. If, however, you don’t feel the pepperoni is cooked properly, you can throw it in the pan beside the burger for a few minutes.Video:
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Pizza sauce
- for the burger:
- ½ kilo (1 lb) of lean ground beef
- 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp of pizza sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, pizza sauce, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic. Using you hands or a wooden spoon, mix until everything is well combined.
- For the mixture into 4 burger patties and set them aside on a plate.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Place a patty in and fry it, on both sides, for 3 to 4 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- Put a mozzarella cheese slice over the top followed by 4 slices of pepperoni. Put a lid on it and continue to fry until the cheese melts.
- Place the burger patty onto the bottom of a toasted bun. Spread some pizza sauce over the top the bun and put it over the patty.
- Serve and enjoy your pizza burgers.
Share This Recipe