Hot Dog Pizza Bread – Multiple Pig in a Blanket
Hot dog pizza bread is similar to multiple mini pigs in a blanket with extra topping. It is commonly served as a street food in South Korea. It is actually a delicious snack that can be served up at parties and the kids will just love them.
You can use any kind of wieners or sausages in this recipe. I find that wieners work best as they are a bit amaller and easier to work with, but just be sure to use a good brand as it really makes the recipe the best. If you use sausage, you can use the brand of your choice.
As with the toppings, we use red onions, green bell peppers, frozen corn, mozzarella, and pizza sauce. Traditionally in Korea, they use ketchup. I just like the pizza sauce, however. Dried or fresh basil can be used.
I always use Pillsbury Crescent rolls as they are so easy to work with. But if you have the time and effort, you can make the dough from scratch.
It is a great effect if you cut them in five sections after they are rolled and twist them in opposite directions. Just make sure not to cute them all the way through.Video:
- 4 wieners or sausages
- 1 small chopped onion
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup of frozen corn
- ¼ cup of mayo
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- Heat you oven to 375 F or 190 C.
- In a bowl, combine the green bell pepper, corn, onion, mayo, and mix until well combined.
- Open the Pillsbury and divide it into 4 pieces. Put a wiener into the middle of each piece and roll them up so the wiener is completely wrapped in the dough.
- Spray a baking tray with some baking spray or butter and lay the pizza hot dogs on.
- Using a sharp knife cut them in five even sections, but do the cut them all the way through - about ¾ of the way through.
- Twist each piece in opposite directions and fold it down until a flat uniform shape forms.
- Spoon the filling over the top followed by some cheese, pizza sauce, and a drizzle of mayo. Sprinkle the basil over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your hot dog pizza bread.
Share This Recipe