Dinner in 30 Minutes
Pork Chops with Apple and Cinnamon in 30 Minutes
Apple cinnamon pork chops are one of my favorite dishes. I sometimes have apple sauce with my chops and this recipe seems to capture the essence of both worlds. The great thing is, they can be made up in under 30 minutes which makes them a quick and fantastic midweek meal. Beyond a doubt, your family, friends, and dinner guests will love them. They always ask for the recipe.
As always, there are a few alterations you can make to the recipe. For example, along with cinnamon nutmeg, and other spices can be added. I just tried to keep things as simple as possible. If you like them sweeter, add a bit more sugar; if not, add less. You could also add some caramelized onions; although, I’m not too sure if this would be a perfect match.
In terms of the apples, I use red delicious. Fuji would match the dish nicely too. I’m not too sure about granny smith apples as they are a touch on the sour side.
Give our pork chops with apple and cinnamon a try and let us know what you think.Video:
- 2 medium pork chops
- 2 apples sliced fairly thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of butter, divided
- 1½ tbsp of brown sugar
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- Season both sides of the pork chops up with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to a pan, place the chops in, and fry them until they are cooked through. The time will vary according to the thickness of the chops.
- Set the pork chops aside on a plate to rest.
- In the mean time, place the apples in a bowl. Add in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and mix until the apples are covered.
- In the same pan, add in the other tablespoon of butter and let it melt down.
- Place the apples in and cook, over medium heat, for about six minutes or until the are tender crisp.
- Remove the apples from the pan and put them over the pork chops.
- Garnish with some parsley or the garnish of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy your pork chops with apple and cinnamon.