Dinner in 30 Minutes
Pork Chops in Mushroom and Garlic Gravy
One pan pork chops in mushroom and garlic gravy is out of this world, not to mention simple. The great thing is, this dish can be made in 30 minutes. This makes it a great midweek meal for a busy person. Your family will simply love it.
I use boneless pork chops as they are so much easier to work with, but bone-in or butterfly chops will work too. Use the cut of meat of your choice. Button mushrooms are used in this recipe, but your favourite mushroom will work.
In terms of any of the spices, you can use as much or as little as you like. For example, if you care a garlic lover, use more; if you are not a garlic lover, use less. It is entirely up to you.Video:
- 4 boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of oil for frying
- 10 - 12 button mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1½ cups of beef broth
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about 2 tbsp of butter to a preheated pan followed by some oil.
- Put the pork chops in and sear them, over medium high heat, until cook through. This should take about 3 minutes on each side. Set them aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add in a little more oil if necessary, add the mushrooms in and fry until golden brown and the water has released.
- Place the onion and garlic in the pan and saute until they are fragrant.
- Add in the flour and stir until the it coats the ingredients.
- Pour the beef broth in, stir, and bring to a boil, until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pork chops back in and simmer for about 3 minutes or so.
- Garnish the dish with the parsley.
- Serve and enjoy your pork chops in mushroom and garlic gravy.
Share This Recipe