Potato Cheese Balls
Potato cheese balls are a great way to use up leftovers after the holidays. If you don’t have leftovers, you can use now potatoes. Either was they are delicious.
Any type of potato can be used. I prefer white but Yukon Jack or russets can be use. Simply get the potato of your choice.
We use a combination of mozzarella and sharp cheddar for the cheese, but you can use your favourite cheese. Tex Mex cheese works well too.
In this recipe a simple combination of mayo, salt, and pepper is used but other spices can used as well. In example, some garlic and onion powder might be nice.
If you don’t have an ice cream scoop, you can use a spoon or just your hands. You can make the balls any size you like.
The oil should be about 350 degrees F or 177 C. I never use a thermometer, I just eye ball it over medium high heat. It seems to work every time. They take only a few minutes to fry.Video:
- 2 large potatoes peeled and boiled and mashed or leftovers
- ½ cup of mayo or sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of mozzarella and cheddar combined
- ½ cup of corn starch
- oil for frying
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley for garnish
- Add some oil to a pan and heat it to 350 F or 177 C.
- Add the potatoes, mayo, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mash until well combined.
- Scoop up a heaping tablespoon and form it into a ball
- Flatten it out a and put some cheese into the centre and roll it once again.
- Roll each ball in the cornstarch.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, serve, and enjoy you potato cheese balls.