Potato Croquettes with Ham
Potato croquettes are usually made with milk, flour, and coated with egg and bread crumbs. They are round or oval in shape. They are deep fried in oil. And they are served with a dipping sauce. Any sauce will suffice, so feel free to use your favorite sauce. They make a terrific snack, appetizer, or dessert.
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten and 1 fresh egg
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Smoked ham, finely chopped
- Servings: 3
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: British
(3 / 5)
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft. Mash and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, flour, milk, ham, egg, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoonful of dough and create a ball or any desired shape. Repeat procedure, until mixture, finished.
- Baste croquettes with beaten egg on all sides. Dredge in a bowl of breadcrumbs. Make sure the dough is fully covered with beaten egg before dredging them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep frying pan. Deep fry croquettes until light brown on all sides; drain excess oil.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe