Sardines with Misua
Sardines with misua is a simple recipe for an everyday ulam or meal. It is easy to make, healthy, and effective for the whole family. Misua is a Chinese noodle that is very common in local stores. It is sold everywhere in the Philippines. Many types of sardines can be used, as well. Due the availability of the ingredients, you can easily prepare this without rushing. This dish is perfect with rice and makes an exceptional lunch.
- 1 can sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp. fish sauce
- pepper to taste
- 50 grams misua (Chinese somen noodles)
- cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Servings: 1-2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4 / 5)
- Heat cooking oil in a wok. Saute onion and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add in sardines. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir for at least 2 minutes.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. (Add more water if needed).
- After a boil, put in misua. Soak and allow to cook over medium heat for at least 3-5 minutes or until misua is cooked.
- Serve in a bowl. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe