Sinigang na Baboy (KBL) with Langka
Sinigang na Baboy with Langka is a variation of Pork Sinigang. This is also called KBL which means kadyos, baboy, langka. This Pinoy dish is similar to Pork Sinigang but different in the ingredients as it uses unripened Langka and kadyos. kadyos is a type of beans usually grow in the Philippines. It is sometimes called pigeons beans. However, vegetables of your choice can be added. This dish originated in the Visayas region. This recipe came from my uncle living in Ilo-ilo city. The original recipe is just using langka vegetables. We just added kadyos in it for additional vegetables. It is perfect lunch for all kind of seasons.
- 1 kilo pork cut into large cubes
- 2 siling pang sigang
- 1/2 kilo unripe langkang gulay sliced into large cubes
- 1/2 cup kadyos peas
- 1 medium onion quartered
- Sinigang tamarind mix to taste
- fish sauce or salt to taste
- enough water to cover the meat
- Servings: 4
- Time: 1 hour
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Place in pork meat in a pot and pour enough water to cover the meat. Bring to a boil. Discard the first boil to remove the scum and cholesterol.
- Put the meat back in a pot and pour enough water to cover the meat. Put in onion and salt. Simmer over low heat approximately 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, add the langka, siling pang sigang, and kadyos. Cover and simmer until the langka is tender.
- When vegetables are tender, add sinigang mix to taste. Stir until dissolved. Simmer for few minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe