Sinigang na Hipon (Shrimp)
Sinigang means cooking a dish with sour soup. Tamarind, calamansi extract, and tomatoes are usually the ingredients used to make the soup sour. One of the variation of sinigang dishes is sinigang na hipon. This soup can be cooked using a variety of vegetables and meat. In this case, we are using shrimp or prawn which creates a very healthy recipe.
- 1 kilo fresh shrimp shelled
- 2 siling pang sigang
- 1 bundle mustard leaves (mustasa)
- 1 small size radish cut in biste size
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3-4 tbsp fish sauce
- sinigang mix to taste
- enough water to cover the shrimp
- Servings: 3
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Boil water in a big pot. Add onion and tomatoes. Bring to a boil for at least 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add radish, siling pangsigang. Season with fish sauce and sinigang mix to taste. Stir, cover and simmer over medium heat for a few minutes until radish is half way cooked.
- Place in shrimp and simmer until the color changes to pink for at least 2-3 minutes.
- lastly, add green mustard (mustasa) or any green leafy vegetables. Let leaves soak for a few minutes until tender. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe