Smashed potatoes are a great alternative to mashed or baked potatoes. I love them served up with any kind of meat or salad. As I always say, your family and friends will love them. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
Now let us talk about a few variations to the recipe. First up, I add rosemary to the potatoes, but you can add time or even any kind of dry seasoning. The sky is really the limit.
We use multi-coloured mini potatoes, but you can use the potato of your choice. Just make sure they are fairly small.
You want them boiled to the point where they are tender enough to put a fork or knife into but not too mushy. Then you want to mush them down with the palm of your hand or use a masher.Video:
- 20 Small potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- olive oil
- Preheat you oven to 425 F or 220 C.
- Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender.
- Coat a baking pan with olive oil, or the oil of your choice.
- Place the potatoes on and using the palm of you hand or a masher, push them down about half flattened.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your smashed potatoes.
Share This Recipe