Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Spaghetti Alla Carbonara is made with bacon, Parmesan cheese, and fresh eggs. In Italy, Pancetta is used. This dish is simple to make, but elegant. It is an Italian dish with several variations. The most important tip is not to cook the eggs. When they hit the hot pan and the bacon they will cook. If they eggs are overcooked, they will become mushy. In the Philippines, most of the locals add cream to the sauce. In this recipe, however, the traditional Italian method is used which is healthier yet delicious.
- 200 g pasta
- 6-8 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for sauce
- 2 tbsp extra cheese
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Servings: 3
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Italian
(4 / 5)
btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, combine fresh eggs and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente or according to package direction.
- Add oil in a preheated pan. Place in bacon and season with pepper. Saute over medium high heat for approximately one minute or until the edges are light brown.
- Scoop about 1 ladle of water from spaghetti and pour it in the pan with the bacon.
- Toss the cooked pasta in and stir continuously over low heat until combined. Turn off heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir quickly until well incorporated. Add extra cheese and stir dissolved. Add more water if necessary.
- Serve on a platter right away. Sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy!