Spiced Chicken with Mango Salsa
Spiced chicken with mango salsa is a quick and delicious recipe.This dish can be thrown together in a few minutes with an incredible outcome. We had dinner guest over the other night when we had it, and they mentioned how good it was several times. In spite of being fast, it is equally delicious.
When making the salsa, ensure that the the mango and avocado are not overripe, as they will turn mushy and ruin the dish visually. It is equally important to mix the salsa gently after you have added all of the ingredients. Just a few gently turns with a spoon will suffice. To further prevent the salsa from turning mushy while you are making the chicken, be sure to place it in the fridge. You want a nice, colorful, firm salsa when you serve it.
We use several spices when preparing the chicken. If you don’t have all of the spices on hand, it is okay to leave a couple of them out. It won’t alter the taste greatly. As with any recipe, you can also experiment and add additional spices which you like. You can use a whole chicken and slice it into pieces. If you are strapped for time, simply buy chicken parts that have been precut. The chicken should fry for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat. For the parts with bones, such as the legs, allow them to fry for an additional 1 or 2 minutes. I have been cooking chicken for a long time, but I still always make a small incision in the biggest piece to ensure there is no pink meat.
Serve you spiced chicken with mango sauce with some homemade buns and your favorite wine or beer.
For the Chicken:
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
For the Salsa:
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ripe mango, chopped
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Servings: 3
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
(4.5 / 5)
To Make the Salsa:
- Add the red bell peppers, onion, mango, avocado, and mint leaves to a mixing bowl. Pour in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Gently stir until everything is nicely combined. Place the salsa in the fridge while making the chicken.
To Make the Chicken:
- Place the chicken into a mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil or vegetable oil over the top. Add in the spices. Use you hands to massage the the spices into the meat.
- Heat some cooking oil in a preheated pan. Place the chicken in and fry it, over medium heat, for 5 minutes on each side. Allow any chicken parts with bones to fry for an extra 1 or 2 minutes depending on the size. You can also bake this in a 190 F preheated oven for an hour or so.
- Place the spiced chicken on a platter. Spoon some salsa on the side. Serve and enjoy your spiced chicken with salsa.
Share This Recipe