Spicy Basil Chicken
Spicy basil chicken is make with a combination of pepper flakes, chicken, fresh basil, onions, and garlic. The great thing is the dish is super fast to make, like 15 minutes, which makes it a great midweek meal.
The amount of chilli flakes and basil depends on your taste. I tend to add a fair amount as I like the basil and heat. The same applies to the brown sugar and water, as well.Video:
- 3 small chicken breasts, cut in small chunks
- small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- cooking oil
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves,
- Add cooking oil in a pan. Place in chicken and fry until light brown.
- Put in onion, garlic and hot pepper flakes. Saute until fragrant.
- Season with soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper and pour in water. Bring to boil and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil leaves for a minute. Serve and enjoy.