Spicy Garlic Cheesy Potatoes – Tic Tok
These spicy garlic cheesy potatoes are perhaps one of the nicest forms of baked potatoes I have ever had. Made with a combination of spices for the sauce such as olive oil, butter, and spices, the taste is out of this world. The Parmesan and parsley just add the finishing touches.
You can, as always, add your own ingredients to this dish. If you like onion powder or any other spices, got ahead and add them. These delicious spicy creamy garlic potatoes go well with any protein. For example, try any of our chicken, beef, or pork dishes with them. Believe me, your family and friends will simply love them.
In therms of the potatoes, I always use russets, but you can use the potatoes of your choice. In this recipe I use the powdered Parmesan as it seems to work better than the freshly grated.
- 2 large potatoes of your choice
- For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of butter
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ½ tsp of smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp of cayenne
- ½ tsp of garlic
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tbsp of Parmesan, divided
- For the Garnish:
- Remaining parsley and Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Peel the potatoes, trim them into a block, and slice them into slabs about half an inch thick.
- Cut them vertically half way down, turn them over, and cut them half way down diagonally.
- Put the potatoes into boiling water and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Strain and set them aside.
- To Make the Sauce:
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the sauce generously
- over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Half way through the baking remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle half the Parmesan on.
- Return to the oven for the remainder of the baking time.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan and parsley, serve, and enjoy your spicy garlic cheesy potatoes.