Spicy Meatballs Adobo
Spicy meatballs adobo is savory, tangy, and delicious. The taste of the meatballs and sauce blend together to create flavors that are simply out of this world. This is one of my all time favorite weekend treats. Serve the dish up with some rice and don’t forget to include a cold beer. Give our spicy meatballs adobo a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making up this delicious adobo. First, you can use any type of ground beef, but I tend to favor lean as it lowers the amount of fat in the dish. For that matter, pork can also be used. Some people tend to like their adobo a little drier. If this is the case, simply increase the amount of time it simmers to cook more of the liquid off. You can vary the ingredients a little, For example, if you are a garlic lover, add a little more. The same applies to the bay leaves and pepper corns. The recipe makes about 15 good size meatballs depending on how large or small you make them. Due to the ingredients this tasty meatballs adobo is made with, it will keep for several days in the fridge.Video:
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound (1/2 kilo) of lean ground beef
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 5 - 7 drops of tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 egg
- For the Adobo Sauce:
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 3 tbsp of white vinegar
- 5-6 tbsp of soy sauce
- 4 whole cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 large chopped tomato
- ½ an onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp of pepper or pepper corns
- ¼ tsp of hot pepper flakes or 1 chopped chili
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the ground beef in a mixing bowl. Add in the breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, salt, and pepper. Using a wooden spoon, mix until partially combined. Then, change to your hands and message all of the ingredients into the meat.
- Spray a baking sheet with some baking spray. Scoop up a handful of the mixture (a couple of tablespoons) and roll it into a ball. Place the meatball on the baking sheet and repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Place the meatballs in the preheated oven and bake them for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour some oil into a pan over medium high heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and tomato. Saute and stir for 2 or 3 minutes until the tomato is soft.
- Add in the beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, pepper corns, hot pepper flakes, and sugar. Allow it to come to a boil. Do not stir it.
- After a boil, give it a stir. Add the meat balls in and spoon some of the sauce over them. Reduce the heat to medium and allow it to simmer, occasionally spooning some sauce over the meatballs, for about 15 minutes.
- Put the meatballs on some steamed or fried rice and spoon the sauce over the top. Serve and enjoy your spicy meatballs adobo.