Stacked Chili Cheese Fries
Stacked chili cheese fries is a famous fast food recipe served in restaurants such as Friday’s – T.G. I. F. It is made with french fries, cheese sauce, ground beef, tomatoes, and onions.
We were recently on vacation and stopped at Fridays and ordered this dish. When we tasted the dish, we were remarkably pleased. In light of this, we came home and replicated the recipe. The outcome was incredibly good. One of the secrets to making the dish successful, is the use of fresh tomatoes and onions. We created the cheese sauce by combining the simple roux with cheddar cheese. The result was remarkable!
The type of jalapeno peppers you use is entirely your call. In other words, you can use mild, medium, or hot peppers. Of course, your can use your favorite brand or chop them up fresh. We do suggest, however, hot peppers as it gives an extra zip to the dish.
The style of french fries you use is also optional. You can use shoestring, crinkle, or even beef eater fries. We suggest shoestring fries, as they are thin enough not to dominate the toppings.
Give these stack to chili cheese fries a try today. As you are guaranteed to love.
- 500 g shoe string french fries
- 1/3 lb ground beef
For white sauce:
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- pickled or fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- Servings: 4
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Spanish
(5 / 5)
- Chop up the onions and tomatoes. Grate the cheddar cheese. Set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Distribute the fries onto a baking pan. Bake them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden brown. Alternatively, you can deep fry them.
- While the fries are baking, add the beef to a preheated pan with oil. Fry it over medium-high heat until it’s browned. Set it aside.
- In a separate pan, add in the flour and butter. Whisk it continuously over low heat until the flour dissolves with the butter. Add in the milk and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and slightly thickened. Turn off the heat and add in the grated cheese. Whisk continuously until the cheese is dissolved and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- When the fries are browned, remove them from the oven and set them on a platter.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the fries. Top them with the ground beef, tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno peppers.
Share This Recipe