Steak Mac and Cheese
Steak mac and cheese is a delightful and practical dinner. I’ve heard people say that it’s simply a waste of a good steak. This dish is to the contrary as it makes a second-class steak come to life. It’s also a recipe that the kids will go crazy over. Try it and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making our steak mac and cheese. First, a lower end sirloin steak is perfect for the dish. It always turns out tender due to being sliced so thinly. I wouldn’t go with a high-end steak, however.
You can make the mac and cheese from scratch or you can buy Kraft Dinner or something similar from the grocery store. I always make if from scratch since I can control the ingredients that go in it. For example, I always add sharp cheddar cheese because it’s my favorite, buy you can add the cheese or cheeses of your choice. Some extra spices, such as garlic, always compliment the dish, as well.
The noodles of your choice can be used. Elbow noodles are the most common, but if you want to be fancy, add some penne pasta or even spaghetti.
Don’t forget some garlic bread or a garden salad on the side.Video:
- 1 medium sirloin steak, chopped into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups of milk
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1½ cups of cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cups of cooked macaroni noodles
- dry or chopped parsley from garnish
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Rinse and set them aside.
- Season the steak strips with salt and pepper.
- Add some olive oil to a preheated pan and put the steak strips in. Fry them over medium high heat for about 4 minutes or until cooked. Set them aside to rest.
- Add the milk and all purpose flour to another pan and stir until well combined. Bring it to a boil, while continuing to stir, over medium high heat.
- After a boil, add in the cheese. Stir until well incorporated and melted.
- Turn off the heat and add in the cooked macaroni and steak. Mix until the pieces of steak and noodles are completely covered with the mixture.
- Garnish it with some parsley and serve.
- Enjoy your steak mac and cheese.
Share This Recipe