A strawberry smoothie is incredibly delicious and refreshing. The drink is made with only a few simple ingredients. It can be made with fresh or frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries are sometimes best, as you can reduce the ice and make the smoothie thicker. The yogurt used is optional. For example, strawberry yogurt will enhance the strawberry flavor; whereas, plain yogurt will reduce it a little bit.
For an optional twist, you could try blueberry banana yogurt. Another option this to add some additional fresh fruit such as bananas, blueberries, or kiwi. If you add a few additional strawberries, the drink becomes thicker and similar to a milkshake. Strawberry smoothies are an incredible treat on a hot summer day.
- 8 – 9 full strawberries with tops removed
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of yogurt, plain or strawberry
- 3 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 6 – 7 ice cubes
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- Wash and remove the tops from the strawberries.
- Put the strawberries, milk, yogurt, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and ice cubes into a blender. Pulse the mixture until it’s smooth, frothy, in the ice is been crushed.
- Pour the strawberry smoothie into your favorite drinking glass. For decorative purposes, slice of fresh strawberry halfway up the center, place it on the side of the glass, and drop two or three mint leaves into the top of the mixture.
- Serve and enjoy your strawberry smoothie.
Share This Recipe