Stuffed eggplants are incredibly easy to make and delightful. They involve a few simple ingredients, most of which you’ll have in your pantry, and they only take about 25 minutes in the oven. This is why they are such a great midweek meal. After a long day, who wants to slave over a stove for hours. Give our stuffed eggplants a try, and let us know what you think.
Let’s talk about a few pointers to making this yummy recipe. First, I always use lean ground beef. If you use medium, you might have to give it a drain halfway through the cooking process as the beef will render a great deal of fat. We always use the classic eggplant, but you can use the Indian or Italian if you wish. The amounts of onion and garlic are merely suggestions, you can use more or less. I use diced tomatoes, but fresh tomatoes are always a welcomed alternative. Feel free to add additional ingredients, as well. Hope you enjoy your stuffed eggplants.Video:
- ½ kilo (1 lb) of ground beef
- 2 eggplants cut in half
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of drained diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Using a spoon, remove the flesh from the eggplant, leaving about half an inch from the skin. Place the eggplant shells on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Chop the removed flesh into smaller pieces.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Put the onion, garlic, and eggplant flesh in. Saute, over medium high heat, for 2 or 3 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
- Put the ground beef in and stir and fry until it's brown.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant shells and sprinkle the tomatoes over the top.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish them with some chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy your stuffed eggplants.