Super Crispy Fried Chicken
Super crispy fried chicken is made with a delicious combination of spices such as garlic, salt, and pepper. The reason it is so crispy is as a result of the double dredging. For the dredge we use 3 eggs, 2 cups of all purpose flour, one half cup of corn starch, and the spices. Once fried, this will be the crispiest chicken you will ever experience. I find it one of the greatest Southern comfort food of all times. The great thing is, it can be made up in about 30 minutes.
These are my simple choice of spices, but you can add whatever spices you like. For example, some paprika or other spices might be nice too. You be the boss of your chicken.Video:
- 6 pieces of chicken parts
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of corn starch
- For the Spices:
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt and pepper
- For the Egg Station:
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp of milk.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Set them aside on a plate.
- Add the flour, corn starch, and spices to a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the eggs to another bowl followed by the milk. Whisk until combined.
- Put the chicken pieces into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture making sure they are fully coated. Set them aside on a plate.
- Repeat this process one more time.
- Heat some oil, about 3 inches, in a pan to about 350 or 375 F.
- Place the chicken in and fry it for about 15 minutes, rotating it now and them.
- Serve and enjoy your super crispy fried chicken.
Share This Recipe